Things To Do
Cahuita has miles of beautiful white & black sand beaches. Playa Negra is only a few hundred feet from your bungalow and is highly rated as one of the best beaches in Costa Rica. Just a short way to the north of us you will find Playa Grande which also consists of miles of unspoiled beach.
The village of Cahuita has quite a few good restaurants and bars. The sounds of Reggae music are everywhere. Warm beautiful ocean breezes, jungle flora and fauna, and beautiful birds can be enjoyed all the time.
From your accommodations, you are just a short walk to horseback riding, bike rentals and surf lessons, or just relax on the beach. A short bike ride will lead you in to town where you can explore, or you can go into Cahuita National, a coastal rainforest that extends to the edge of its curving 2 mile undeveloped white sand beach. There is a 4 mile trail that passes through the forest mostly along side the beach. You can find good snorkeling off Cahuita Point on a 600 acre reef, with 123 different species of fish and 35 species of coral.
Just a few miles down the road is the village of Puerto Viejo with many restaurants, clubs, and bars. Travel to Manzanillo with its huge wildlife refuge, the Gandoca-Manzanillo National Wild life refuge, that goes all the way to the Panamanian border and dive off of Punta Mona.
There are villages in the mountains that are seldom visited by tourists. There are unique places in the Talamanca mountains that offer a variety of activities and experiences that will not be found in tour guide books or on travel tour web sites.
- Try fishing on a local long boat to catch Cohiba, Snapper and King Fish
- Go canopy zip lining nearby on 2560 meters of cable through the jungle split into multiple platforms high in the canopy
- Feel strong? Try Canyoning, in which you rappel a waterfall and soak in the natural jacuzzi
- Take a hike to a waterfall in the jungle and soak in the natural pool
- Try a horseback ride on the beach
- Have a guide take you bird watching
- Go surfing – Surfing lessons and board rentals available
- Experience the excitement of white water rafting
- Jungle explorations with a guide
- Visit a sloth rescue center
- A butterfly farm and many botanical gardens
- Visit a local indigenous Indian village and see how they carry on the ancient traditions and visit an Iguana farm and a jungle waterfall
- Visit a chocolate factory and see how the fruit is processed into chocolate
- Plus many unique adventures in the mountains and parks that abound in the area, that are too numerous to list.
Come see us. Stroll down our street and get a real feel of the peace and beauty that is Cahuita. We can show you all of the fantastic things to do here in the Caribbean coast of Costa Rica. There is enough to keep an active person busy for quite a long time.